An innovative breathable boot which seals the leg from the knee to the base of the heel to prevent mud getting onto your horse’s legs, enabling freedom of turnout whatever the conditions.
Featuring a waterproof and breathable fabric around the cannon bone to prevent overheating and a close fitting hoof capsule with Kevlar reinforced heel protection, these innovative boots will keep legs clean and dry. A shaped PU strike pad also offers brushing protection for your horse’s legs.
Some useful tips to remember when dealing with mud fever:
For more information see the FAQ's on the 'specs' page
• Fully breathable boot designed to encourage cool air to circulate
• Creates a protective barrier from below the knee
• Abrasion resistant Kevlar® to protect the delicate bulbs of the heels
• Suitable for front and hind legs
• Machine washable at 30 degrees
1. My horse is prone to mud fever – how can this boot prevent it?
The Mud Fever Turnout Boot is breathable and waterproof, preventing mud from coming into contact with the skin.
Mud fever is caused by a range of bacteria present in Mud, which thrive in warm moist environments.
The Mud Fever Turnout Boot works by:
a. Preventing bacteria-laden mud from coming into contact with the skin
b. Allowing the skin to stay cool and dry under the boot – preventing bacteria from multiplying
2. How does the Woof Wear Mud Fever turnout boot differ from other turnout boots on the market?
The MFTB is uniquely waterproof and Breathable and utilises a Submarine Hoof capsule to prevent Mud Ingress.
3. How does the Submarine Hoof Capsule prevent Mud Ingress?
Most turnout boots end above the bulbs of the heel allowing mud to easily seep up the leg. The Submarine hoof capsule is articulated and ‘dives deep’ underneath the bulbs of the heel to prevent the boot riding upwards preventing mud ingress.
5. My horse has mud fever now, will these boots be suitable?
The Mud Fever Turnout boot is designed as a preventative aid, but, with veterinary guidance, this boot can be used with horses who have developed mild mud fever to stop it getting any worse.
6. How long can my horse wear them for?
Providing you carry out daily checks the boots can be worn indefinitely. The boots should be removed daily, and legs inspected, make sure all the hook and loop fastenings are clean and free of debris, and if all is well, pop them back on again. If the fastenings are not clean, they will be unable to stick and therefore won’t keep the boot secure.
7. Are they front and hind specific
These versatile boots are suitable for front or hind legs – check our sizing guide for more information
8. Do my horses legs need to be clean before I put the boots on?
Remove all mud and bedding from your horse’s legs before fitting. The mud fever boot provides a snug fit to keep the mud out so make sure that there is nothing in the way which is likely to irritate your horse’s skin under the boot.
9. Is it ok to put damp boots back on the horse?
Best practice is to fit dry boots only. These quick drying boots mean you can ensure they are dry before putting them back on your horse after washing them.
10. How do I look after my boots?
Clean debris from the hook and loop material, close straps before putting in the machine and wash on a 30 degrees centigrade programme with non-bio powder. Closing the hook and loop straps when not in use will help prevent debris getting caught up in them.
11. Can my horse wear them in the stable?
Yes they are fine for use in the stable. As an alternative option why not check out the Woof Wear Stable Boots. The wicking liners will dry the legs off if necessary whilst the Bio Ceramic liners will provide all the benefits or far infrared.
12. Do they offer any protection from brushing?
There is a degree of protection offered by the strike pad, but if your horse brushes heavily then this boot is not suitable.
13. Do they offer any protection from overreaching?
There is a degree of protection offered by the lower Kevlar section of the boot, but if your horse is a serial overreacher then we suggest you fit an overreach boot over the top of the Mud Fever Boot.
Please select required size before adding to shopping bag
Please select required colour before adding to shopping bag
Is the size and/or colour you are wanting showing as no stock?
Please visit back shortly we are constantly updating our stock
This product is currently unavailable